Status quo (outlined):
- The company has grown from a small handicraft business, still utilizing the poorly defined small-business structures.
- An appropriate organizational structure, processes and process owners are not defined.
- The very basic ERP system does not fulfill the company’s requirements, contains partially inconsistent and incomplete data and is therefore partially replaced by several, locally saved excel sheets.
- Certain data is held at different locations in different formats, thus getting more and more inconsistent.
- Errors in technical planning and an unreliable delivery performance are just some consequences of the missing organizational structure.
Actions planned by the company:
Implementation of a new ERP system to replace the old ERP system and all the work-arounds and Excel sheets associated with it.
Master plan by SYNCRO EXPERTS:
Development of an organizational structure appropriate for the company’s size; Allocation of process owners to processes → Creation of an operational structure
- Value Stream Mapping of the administration process: production planning and control
- Development of the target Value Stream Design.
- Detailed definition of all processes, including the respective process owners and their areas of responsibility.
Roadmap, describing the implementation of the new organizational structure
Expected changes/improvements based on the Value Stream Design (VSD):
- Reduction of administrative lead time (custom-made products): 11 working days → 2,5 working days
- Reduction of administrative lead time (series products): 4 working days → 0,5 working days