Status quo (outlined):
- Due to the company’s history, there is no knowledge about the full product range and most of the parts lists are not existent or outdated.
- The performance of the production, logistics and purchasing department are mainly based on experienced employees. Standards and workflows are not defined.
- Product related costs and cost structures are largely unknown.
Actions planned by the company:
Creating consistent and up-to-date master data, especially in respect to products, part numbers and parts lists.
Master plan by SYNCRO EXPERTS:
Analyzation of the existing data, actual process sequences per product and the processes of every product type including parts used and their quantity. Development of a unified nomenclature standard for part numbers of purchased parts, intermediate products and final products. Creation of new master data, primarily in respect to products, part numbers and parts lists. Implementation of new standards and processes for maintaining the master data current and consistent.
- Analyzation of the existing data
- Collecting data to show and categorize the full product range
- Analyzation of the production processes of the different product series and the related products
- Definition of nomenclature standards for part numbers of purchased parts, intermediate products and final products
- Analyzation of the production processes in detail, definition of specific part numbers, creation of the respective parts lists and working instructions
- Definition of processes to maintain master data integrity and currency
Consistent and up-to-date master data
Standards and processes for maintaining high quality master data are established.
Product and production related costs and cost structures are known.
A basis for calculating warehouse, supermarket and other logistic related parameters is established.