Status quo (outlined):
- Product: electric power switch
- Production consists of five working steps
- The lead time from start of production to shipment is 116 days (average); actual time for assembly is 174 seconds (value-adding time)
Actions planned by the company:
Investment in new equipment to reduce the actual production time of 174 seconds even further.
Master plan by SYNCRO EXPERTS:
Elimination/Reduction of non-value adding steps (waste) within the process; no investment in technical equipment; reduction of lead time in total.
- Recording every single process step
- Recording of all process related activities including their respective time segments
- Conduction of a value stream analysis (VSA)
- Identification of wastes and bottlenecks based on the VSA and other sources
- Development of the target value stream design (VSD)
- Development of a masterplan for implementing the new value stream design
- Implementation of the value stream design according to the masterplan
- Checking the measures’ effectiveness
- Updating SOP´s (standard operation procedures)
- Go live
Lead time from start of production to shipment: 2 days (instead of 116 days)
Reliability of delivery performance significantly improved (100%)
Development of new customers due to short delivery times and high delivery performance compared to other competitors.