Status quo (outlined):
- Workshop, service reception
- Customers drop off vehicle keys → verification of appointment and manual entry into calendar → clarification of customer request → car pick-up
- Duration: Five minutes or more
- Reception desk is cluttered with documents, paper, food and drinks
Actions planned by the company:
Purchase of bigger desks and increase staff by one part-time employee.
Master plan by SYNCRO EXPERTS:
Planning and conducting of 5S measures; reception desks are only to be used for customer issues; implementation of an electronic calendar accessible for all employees
- Planning of 5S measures, involving the employees throughout the entire 5S process
- Target definition and detailed description
- Sorting out unnecessary, old, superfluous and redundant items
- Arranging things according to a defined system, previously agreed on, thereby allowing short access times.
- Workplaces are kept clean throughout the working day.
- Defined standards (including pictures) are available to everyone and can be reviewed anytime.
- Compliance with standards is checked by supervisors daily.
Customer talk time reduced to an average of less than two minutes.
Increased customer satisfaction at almost 100% (according customer survey).
New customer figures increased (+12%).